• Quick Navigation
Photo

Tips on netting a building where there is potential for bird nesting?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

PlantPerks

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:24 PM

Hello!

We are getting our facility compliant for SQF Level 2 and one hurdle we are dealing with is bird control. 

We are in a shared building, there is 3 businesses in this building with us being one of them. We are looking at getting nets installed to prevent nesting. Do we need the ENTIRE building netted off where there is potential nesting? Or do we only need to net our sides of the building??? 

I attached a few photos.

One of the photos is of our yellow building with one of our sliding glass doors. Should we net above that? We dont actually use that door, that room is just for dry storage. 

Any and all tips are GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks and have a good weekend :)

Attached Files

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,614 posts
  • 1133 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:53 PM

Can you have the building owner seal that area in? Referring to photo #1... or if they won't possibly you can do so yourselves -- netting will cause you many problems and you'll have bird mites (which all birds have) invading your facility - you know the little itches people get now and then? Those are caused mostly from bird mites.

Next, since you can not annex that cargo door I would install a blow down unit slightly tilted towards the exterior or frankly if you seal the under-roof area you may not even need to modify the door with blow down or air curtain. Our clients facility in NC is almost exactly like yours and they sealed that area. Netting will not prevent bird drops, birds and mites from coming in.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Private CONSULTANT

(Food, Emerging Financials & Supplements)

ceo - Goodstart Coastal Enterprises, LLC

United States of the Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bird, birds, pest, pest control, bird control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users