• Quick Navigation
Photo

Online training, taking a test as you do the course, or at the end?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:25 PM

Hi,

so here is my situation, we are designing online trainings for our employees, which they have to take once a year and on start.

So far we are having some quizzes during the training, and one major training at the end.

They will have to pass both, otherwise you won't be able to get the certificate (this is to make sure they ask somebody if they do not understand the topics).

- Does anyone have some information on what is more effective? (Study, literature on the topic, personal experience?)

- I do not think that we have to take the quizz at the end of the course legally, I think but if you are located in the EU and have a different opinion, that would be most welcome.

Thank you for your help,

Lucas

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:06 PM

Hi Lucas,

How long is the course, and will staff start work before completing the training?

Is there any scheme you adhere to? This will likely direct a more specific answer.

I.e BRC requires that employees are appropriately trained prior to commencing work. There will be some training that needs to be done on-the-job of course but I'd ensure all employees have basic food safety and health & safety training before setting food in the production facility, this can be done in an induction and competency evidenced with a quiz/test at the end.

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:06 PM

Hi,

they can take any time they want, if I really try, I think I can do it in around 20 minutes, but there are some videos in it, so there is a minimum time required. (HR told us, that courses longer than 30 to 45 minutes are not a good idea).

We hold no certification, there is no demand from our costumers, so that gives me a relativly free hand in doing what I want :-).

The training is specifically for safe food handling and is already in place, I just want to make sure I am having the best options in the course.

Any input is welcome 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users