mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:09 PM

Guys i have an inquiry about grading in ISO 22000:2018 and ISO 9001:2015, is there a grading system according to NC's that were raised during the audit? or it just pass and fail audit?

If it a pass and fail audit without grades, which clauses could make the audit fails if there is a NC's against it? 

Is there a number of NC's that shouldn't be passed during the audit? 

I'm asking this cause i'm doing a comparison between BRC standard and ISO standards (especially ISO 9001:2015 & 22000:2018).

Hope that i could be clear and thanks for your support and help!

If there any reference i would be grateful !

M.Yusuf

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 252 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:23 AM

ISO 17021-1 is for your reference.

Specifically to your questions: 9.5.3.2

If the certification body is not able to verify the implementation of corrections and corrective actions of any major nonconformity within 6 months after the last day of stage 2, the certification body shall conduct another stage 2 prior to recommending certification.

Here is my interpretation. First certification needs 2-stage audit. The CB cares about closing major NC(s) in 6 months against any clauses, not how many. No grading is mentioned.

BRC audits follow the ISO 17065, which is product bias.

Thanked by 1 Member:

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:50 AM

Thanks Beautiophile for your help, Just need more calrification about how major and minor are being defined into ISO standards? 

Is there specific clauses if organization didn't comply with, it will be major or minor? 

Is there a source to read ISO's that you mentioned? im looking for free source.

M.Yusuf

Mathieu Colmant

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

Hi, 

I confirm there is no grading in ISO, nor any "KO" like in IFS or "fundamentals" like in BRC.

Usually, when I try to explain to my clients how are ranked the NC, I use this formula (~production/documentation) : 

- Critical (Audit fail) : You will certainly hurt people / you did nothing of what was asked

- Major : You can possibly hurt people / You missed many points of what was asked, so the auditor can't be fully assured that everything is under control

- Minor : you won't hurt people / there is some gap in you coverage

Mathieu Colmant

Consultant in Food Safety - Brussels & London

Director

FollowFoodLaw.eu ltd

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users