Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:31 PM

Hi everyone, I am currently working at a Bakery manufacturer that produces tarts and some RTE frozen tarts,

I was wondering if it is necessary for us to check the product's internal temperature once or twice a day in order to verify the monitoring procedures?

Most of our products are baked at 350F for 27-29 minutes (critical limits) and the average internal temperature is around 220F which is higher than the minimum required internal temperature, which I believe to be 160F. 

Can I justify that most of our finished products exceeded the minimum internal temp and we don't have to verify it daily? We do keep record/log for our baking time in/out.

I hope someone could help me clarify these. Thank you :)

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:33 PM

Hello,

Have you validated your baking ovens?

You can do that by checking at what temperatures and baking time do you have to set your oven for it to achieve your desired internal temperature.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Avryl

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

Hi! Thanks for your response.

By validation of the baking ovens like calibrating the oven's thermometer? We do not have a desired internal temperature, my main concern is to show evidence that our products meets the minimum internal temperature required to kill pathogens which I know we do for all our baked products but I am just not sure if we have to verify it during every production or I can just prove it somehow. 

VThiruselvi

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:40 AM

Hi,

As mentioned by other, you do need to validated the process:

1. The stability of oven - to ensure the temperature throughout the process for certain period is not fluctuating

2. The pathogen lost may contaminated the product - from raw meat & process, cross contamination 

3. The temperature that kills / eliminated this pathogen / microbes 

4. In which oven setting, the core temperature can achieved within cooking time

5. Microbes result after cooking 

Depends on your critical limit, the CCP need to be monitored, if you indicated core temperature / oven setting .But as usual food industry, we will monitored at least every hours depends on the stability of machine / process. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:07 AM

Hi everyone, I am currently working at a Bakery manufacturer that produces tarts and some RTE frozen tarts,

I was wondering if it is necessary for us to check the product's internal temperature once or twice a day in order to verify the monitoring procedures?

Most of our products are baked at 350F for 27-29 minutes (critical limits) and the average internal temperature is around 220F which is higher than the minimum required internal temperature, which I believe to be 160F. 

Can I justify that most of our finished products exceeded the minimum internal temp and we don't have to verify it daily? We do keep record/log for our baking time in/out.

I hope someone could help me clarify these. Thank you :)

See this website -

https://www.aibinter...tep-Calculators

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users