Good day all.
Trust you are well and keeping safe.
My question is will single tank systems be allowed when applying the CIP in the following manner.
Clean-In-Place (CIP) System for all of the downstream processing unit operations viz. Crystalliser 3 (X3); Filter 3 (F3) and the Final Product Drier (Drier). These units operations process final product to specification and as such requires cleaning at a pre-determined interval/s. The CIP unit operation will be a standalone system that prepares and delivers CIP liquid at a pre-determined concentration (Caustic Lye solution 2.5%) and temperature to the aforementioned downstream processing unit operations. The objective of CIP-ing is to clean, or rid, the equipment of soiled, old and OOS product. It is envisaged that weekly cleaning of all 3 unit operations is required and whenever an OOS result is obtained on final product. All spent CIP liquid is treated as waste by the Effluent treatment plant.
- With spray balls already inserted, operator to ensure X3 is ready for CIP
- PLC will deliver 3m3 of 2.5% Caustic at 70°C to 6 spray balls.
- CIP solution to be discharged to drain; no recycle of CIP solution, this is a 1 pass cleaning with Caustic.
- On completion – system PLC to alert for Request to Rinse
- Again water is delivered to CIP make-up tank and pumped through spray-balls to flush out traces of caustic. It must be noted here that there is no risk if residual Caustic remains in X3; caustic is used for pH adjustment during process.
- Rinse water is discharged to drain; no re-use, all flushes are regarded as spent and will be dealt with via the Effluent treatment plant.