Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:16 AM

I am shopping for pH meters that are easy to use and reliable for measuring pH in fruit juice and fruit puree mixtures.

I welcome any recommendations that others have found to be user friendly and reliable.

Thank you ahead of time for your suggestions.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:38 AM

I've had good luck with the Orion Star model A211.  Make sure you get a pH probe that is specific to your application and you maintain it how they recommend.  They have a good technical department to help with this.

https://www.thermofi...2110#/STARA2110

If you need one that is mobile one contact their tech support to see what best suits your needs because it is dependent on the pH resolution you want and durability.

Thanked by 1 Member:

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 19 August 2020 - 07:30 AM

I can second Ryan M's recommendation, both for that model and particularly for the advice to follow proper protocols to maintain it. Never cease to be amazed by the number of people I come across who often have solid science degrees but do daft things to their probes and then wonder why they aren't getting sensible/consistent readings...

billbrochin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 August 2020 - 04:42 PM

Have had good luck with the Oakton pHTestr series.  Have used both the pHTestr 10 and the pHTestr 30 models with good success.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users