• Quick Navigation
Photo

Customers requesting deliveries with COA/COC and we distribute over 1000 products!

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Nqaba The Food Guru

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:28 AM

Hi all. Thank you for taking time to read this. So I am in a food distributing facility and I have a major nightmare with customers requesting deliveries with COA/COC because we handle over 1000 products. It is a nightmare as much requesting these certificates from manufactures / suppliers.  I was think then of compiling a certificate of conformance for dry goods which basically states the dispatching conditions and a separate COC for frozen and chilled products declaring dispatching temperature. But will this suffice on an audit when doing traceability or is it necessary to have a COA/COC from the manufacturer and also considering that these products are sold as is from the supplier? I could just put the product details, dispatching temperature and a statement of conformance on this COC. I am also horrified by the amount of paper we using, daily or having to email 50 COC's for just one customer is really strenuous. Please advise on a more efficient way of complying to this customer requirement.  Thank you. 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 06 November 2020 - 09:29 AM

I assume that you're actually selling these products, rather than providing third-party storage and logistics for other food businesses?

Whether a basic temperature/conformity statement COC will suffice is difficult to answer, as it will very much depend on the nature of the products and the requirements of the individual customers. I think you'd be extremely lucky if all of your clients agreed to it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't worth a try!

What software to you use to manage your inventory and sales?

You may find that there are ways you can utilise this to help manage or potentially even fully automate the process, for example sending by email with the order confirmation or similar. That'll very much depend exactly on what you're using and how.

If you're only dealing with full pallets then you could potentially just stick a copy of the CofA on every one that comes in, so you know it'll be there when it goes out, but that doesn't really help with the paper use element.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:14 PM

I had a client that distributed a couple of thousand items.

They standardized and placed all scanned documents on their website so that customers could access the directory via passcode.

Should someone desire to receive same by email there is a processing charge of $10.00 each.

Rarely do they have anyone pay the fee - because no one is asking for the docs to be emailed.

So the deterrent works.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic