• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do you combine HACCP procedures with SOPs?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

nakedbakery

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:57 AM

I am updating all of our procedures and just want to check if anyone else separates them? I have our Standard Operating Procedures in a handbook but all of our HACCP procedures in another handbook.

Do you think its worth combining them or will it be too confusing?

Simple question but i've gotten mixed answers from staff 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:18 AM

I am updating all of our procedures and just want to check if anyone else separates them? I have our Standard Operating Procedures in a handbook but all of our HACCP procedures in another handbook.

Do you think its worth combining them or will it be too confusing?

Simple question but i've gotten mixed answers from staff 

It depends on what they, respectively, are.

I separated a "HACCP Manual" from other "Procedures" derived via the well-known iso-pyramid.

I also separated "Prerequisites" which are nominally "HACCP":.

I also included Traceability, Recall and Validation in the HACCP manual.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

nakedbakery

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:27 AM

Great thank you. That is what i had originally done - a "Procedures" manual, and another HACCP manual separately (traceability and recall included) I believe that solves confusion, however some of our staff were suggesting to combine them into one big handbook, which in my eyes would have been more confusing..

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:38 AM

Great thank you. That is what i had originally done - a "Procedures" manual, and another HACCP manual separately (traceability and recall included) I believe that solves confusion, however some of our staff were suggesting to combine them into one big handbook, which in my eyes would have been more confusing..

Might add one caveat.

Some people on the Forum prefer to produce a "Manual" mirroring the Clause(s) progression in related Standard. This is considered as being "Auditor-friendly". I decided not to go this way but I think it did make the Auditor(s) earn their money a bit longer. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

nakedbakery

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:46 AM

The auditor we had seemed to have preferred for us to have a manual with everything nicely laid out for them to look over - much to my horror when my manual was in 3 different computers on multiple different files. He definitely earned his money longer and now im putting it all together in a manual for the next audit to go smooth  :oops2:

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

I have 4 main Manuals: HACCP (contains all HACCP forms, including description of fin. product and incoming materials, process flows, bio-, chem., phys. hazard assessment, determination & description of CCPs & OPRPs, etc.), SOP (as per FSSC 22000 clauses), PRP (all my prerequisite programs), and FSSC 22000 (includes FSMS policy, HACCP team, job descriptions, internal audit docs, KPIs, and Management meeting minutes)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users