Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 February 2021 - 11:54 PM

Hi, I work for a small company that mixes and packages juice drinks as a licensee for various brand name beverages. We currently follow juice HACCP even though all of our products are less than 1% juice. My question is can we continue to use a Juice HACCP plan or do we have to switch over to the FDA FSMA regulations since its not 100% juice, or should we follow both? I've been trying to research this but the FDA guidance isn't super clear on where to go for juice drinks as opposed to actual juice.   

loveforfood

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:57 AM

Hi aenri003? I had the same question 2 years ago. We have juices that are 100% and others that are less than 100%. FDA  says that you should have Juice HACCP for your juice ingredients and FSMA for non juice. I grouped our 100% juices and ingredients used for the ones that are not 100% on Juice HACCP and the juices not 100% on a separate Food Safety Plan (FSMA). Hope this helps.

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:21 PM

A HACCP and an FDA Food Safety Preventive Controls plan can be combined into a single document or set of documents.  There is no need toggle between two formats. 

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users