• Quick Navigation
Photo

Are there specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Cherrypie68

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:44 PM

Hi, is anyone aware of specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK. For example does vinegar have to be in a 5L container of could we fill to 5.2L as long as we label it as such? Is any amount legal or is it restricted to certain increments?Thanks

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 15 February 2021 - 03:31 PM

Hi

Is anyone aware of specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK.

For example does vinegar have to be in a 5L container of could we fill to 5.2L as long as we label it as such? Is any amount legal or is it restricted to certain increments?

Thanks

Generally the set size requirements only apply to products for which so-called "specified quantities" are defined in regulations - primarily alcoholic drinks, in the case of liquids. I'm not aware of any such restriction on vinegar, so as long as you comply with general weights & measures regs I can't see why you couldn't pack to 5.2L.

Cherrypie68

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2021 - 03:57 PM

Thanks - that's what I thought as well

:)

Share this