Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:00 AM

Morning everyone, please assist. One of my clients needs help to close the mentioned Non-conformity: Raw material risk assessment detailing identification and assessment of pesticides and heavy metals was submitted. However, evidence indicating acceptable levels and justification was not submitted. Please assist with any information relevant and how can I incorporate the acceptable levels and justification with their HACCP study?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:07 PM

More info please

acceptable levels depend heavily on the product and process for pesticides

for the heavy metals are they talking about potable water, or the ingredients and finished goods?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:45 PM

Morning everyone, please assist. One of my clients needs help to close the mentioned Non-conformity: Raw material risk assessment detailing identification and assessment of pesticides and heavy metals was submitted. However, evidence indicating acceptable levels and justification was not submitted. Please assist with any information relevant and how can I incorporate the acceptable levels and justification with their HACCP study?

Additional to previous post, and assuming food, is the item consumed in S.Africa, ie limits required are for this location ?

If limits are Regulatory, should IMO be sufficient justification to supply the "reference".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Bo16

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 March 2021 - 04:26 PM

We state meets ________ specifications (in our case FDA/EPA).  Since the specifications for pesticides can change, and the testing method often determines the LOD, we just cite the method reference and that meets the applicable food law.  If they require it, we may send the actual data, but that request is rare.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users