Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:29 PM

Hi all, just curious how you guys would regulate pasteurized liquid eggs in a small batch system. We weigh up the ingredients (pasteurized egg is the only refrigerated ingredient at <10%), place into the mixer, remove and place into bins (1 bin is in use, 2nd bin from same batch waits to be deposited) , deposit, bake.  As this process is happening the ingredients are weighed up for the next batch. 1. I am just wondering how you would monitor the egg temperature as they are weighed up? Do you walk to the cool every time you weigh up a bath and then remove (multiple times a day) 2. How do you monitor temperature of the mixed batched waiting to be deposited? Thank you! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,503 posts
  • 1514 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:14 PM

this actually sounds like the perfect opportunity to flex your validation muscle!

You need scads and scads of data to make those decisions. There are lots of variables that will factor into your final plan

What's the temperature post mixing, ambient room temp, humidity etc., what other ingredients will you be adding if any (that changes the risk)

I would start by purchasing/renting a data logger with a probe that can just sit in the mix all day

It may be that it is a time AND temperature hard stop depending on what you find out

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:55 PM

Hi all, just curious how you guys would regulate pasteurized liquid eggs in a small batch system. We weigh up the ingredients (pasteurized egg is the only refrigerated ingredient at <10%), place into the mixer, remove and place into bins (1 bin is in use, 2nd bin from same batch waits to be deposited) , deposit, bake.  As this process is happening the ingredients are weighed up for the next batch. 1. I am just wondering how you would monitor the egg temperature as they are weighed up? Do you walk to the cool every time you weigh up a bath and then remove (multiple times a day) 2. How do you monitor temperature of the mixed batched waiting to be deposited? Thank you! 

Regret i found the process as described (a flowchart paints a thousand words) somewhat incomprehensible but logically you need a lot of thermocouples.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

CrunchyConspirator

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2024 - 03:15 PM

Hi, just wondering if you ever resolved your questions about egg temperatures in-process?  I have a similar scenario with batching eggs in my process so I'm curious what conclusion you came to. Thanks!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users