Frenchygal12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Meeting new people, quality and learning new things!

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:52 PM

Good day all, please what do you all do to utensils and equipment that have gone bad? Is there a procedure for taking it out of production like putting it on a log? Or we just toss it out?

Ieatcookies

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:58 PM

I would say, depends on what they are made of, then different procedure. If e.g. they are made of plastic, you follow your glass and plastic procedure. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Frenchygal12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:07 PM

We dont

I would say, depends on what they are made of, then different procedure. If e.g. they are made of plastic, you follow your glass and plastic procedure. 

We don't have a glass, metal and plastic procedure yet. I am new here and I am writing SOP's and Policy's from scratch. I guess I have to start on this right away! So, including the procedure for disposal in the procedure is enough or do we have to record the actual disposal too? I am wondering how the glass policy would go because we make chocolate and use liquor made of glass for these and they are right there in the production kitchen. Anyone with this same issue can respond on how they handle this dilemma. Thanks

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

The chocolate liquor comes in glass as the plastic will alter the flavour

You just need to ensure it's handled properly and the bottles are inspected prior to use    A simple check box on the batch record should do the trick

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Frenchygal12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:51 PM

The chocolate liquor comes in glass as the plastic will alter the flavour

You just need to ensure it's handled properly and the bottles are inspected prior to use    A simple check box on the batch record should do the trick

Thank you Scampi, I am new at this job and I am a quality department of me, myself and I. This company has been in existence for 9yrs now and it just created a quality department. I am dealing with a back log of bad quality/safety behaviors and no documentation prior to my getting here 2 months ago. I feel like I am all over the place and I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I am learning to take things one step at a time and I know I got my work cut out for me. I am trying to find chocolate makers so I can get an industry guidance on procedures they follow but I have not been lucky. This forum has helped me a lot.

Thanks.

Ieatcookies

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:56 PM

so there are utensils and packaging of the Raw Materials. I guess you need more than one procedure then. 

For GHP we do log, and we do fill in the special form with risk assessment. we also keep pieces of glass in case we have the complaint, so we can compare

For the RM you need to have a separate procedure, keep the ingredients separately, record all breakages and follow line clearance if it comes to breakage. I would also include the glass reconciliation (if you can find all pieces), disposal, and as Scampi said, you must inspect before bringing to production. inspection must be signed in prior accepting the goods to warehouse and then to your production kitchen. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users