Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:10 PM

Hi everyone, I was wondering how do you guys do dust control at your plant?  We have fans on one side and air filters on the other side so we can keep the air clean inside of the plant. We do not have written policy or procedure for dust control, we just have statement about it on our master cleaning procedures. However, I am going to write the policy and procedure but I wanted to know if anyone else was doing something different for dust control in their plant? Thank you in advance 

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

At a sugar bagger, we used a dust collector on each super sack drop. That's more geared toward cutting down the combustible dust that sugar creates, and not quite what you're looking for.

I don't see why your written PnP couldn't just be saying what you do in relation to your current fan/filter setup. Make sure you list the filter changes are on a PM program and be sure they actually are.

So some others might be able to pinpoint some better ideas, what is your biggest risk with the dust? Do you have exposed product? Do you have excessive dust issues?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users