• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:02 PM

Hello,

Since the SQF version has been revised, I am planning to implement Food Safety Culture in place in my organization. How am I supposed to implement it? I was planning through training.

Please advise. Thanks

Ankita Dharma

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:40 PM

We had our Edition 9 Audit on the first day it was live. What we did to prepare for this particular section is to first find out WHERE we are. I modified a through questionnaire about FS Culture and came up with a matrix to evaluate where the employees see our culture. The auditor loved it. Going forward we will be doing it at least annually and tracking our progress and making adjustments to training, communication, etc as needed. We will also be implementing a  separate food safety culture statement. I like being able to track it from where we started and continually improve our scores. We know we have some work to do (due to some former managers and their attitudes). We did some pretty deep analytics of our initial results. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:55 PM

Since I have no clue how to edit my above post. The auditor even asked for a copy of what I had created to show as an example (which I gave him)

Thanked by 1 Member:

JEberhard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:10 PM

Would you please share your questionnaire?  Thanking you

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:55 PM

How do I do that?  I don't know all the features of this site just yet. 

Edited by ESuttmiller, 27 July 2021 - 01:56 PM.

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:17 PM

Morning Esutt, some features like editing posts and linking docs don't get turned on until your each a certain thresh hold I believe. I'm honestly not sure if this is a timed thing or a participation thing, most likely timed as we get quite a few bots trying to advertise on the website. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:21 PM

Figured it out.

Working on the Spanish version of the questionnaire now. 

Attached Files

Edited by ESuttmiller, 27 July 2021 - 02:23 PM.

deimante.j

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 August 2021 - 08:41 AM

Hello!

Could anyone share a food safety culture plan?  :smile: 

Thank you

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:51 PM

I got a huge help referencing sample doc's presented on food safety culture discussions on this forum. My food safety culture plan is similar to one of those presented here. Attached - samples of my plan, policy, questionnaire, etc. In addition to the questionnaire, I have my workers a written quiz for better understanding of food safety culture. I had an audit last week and the auditor was happy and completely satisfied with what we've done so far. 

Attached Files

Chris347

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:59 PM

We had our Edition 9 Audit on the first day it was live. What we did to prepare for this particular section is to first find out WHERE we are. I modified a through questionnaire about FS Culture and came up with a matrix to evaluate where the employees see our culture. The auditor loved it. Going forward we will be doing it at least annually and tracking our progress and making adjustments to training, communication, etc as needed. We will also be implementing a  separate food safety culture statement. I like being able to track it from where we started and continually improve our scores. We know we have some work to do (due to some former managers and their attitudes). We did some pretty deep analytics of our initial results. 

Hi ESuttmiller, 

So you basically came up with a questionnaire and just evaluated it through your matrix? Did you write up a policy or procedure at all?

Seems the SQF code is unclear of what to actually do in this section. I have added a couple lines to our policy statement but I have not actually created a separate policy or procedure for food safety culture. Do you feel this is necessary?

Thank you, 

Chris 

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:04 PM

We are in process of writing a separate FS Culture statement (we are seasonal so this is currently our "down time" ). We implemented some new programs based on our results. We will then send out the questionnaire at least once after we start up for the season and be able to show change from the initial data. Olenazh also posted some good information. 

Edited by ESuttmiller, 14 September 2021 - 08:08 PM.

Carol88

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:16 AM

Hi Ankita

We had an unannounced SQF Audit on the cusp of edition 9. We received a minor for not having a plan moving forward with food safety culture. We had put into place the anonymous suggestion box but that was not enough. We formed a steering group from across the company and as we are seasonal we had to get a questionnaire out quickly to cover the casuals employed for the season. the steering group and the plan to move forward was enough to close the audit. we have since received feed back from staff and we are now in the progress of setting up tool box meetings, informing staff of responses from the anonymity box and getting posters put around displaying food safety culture. Results brightly coloured has been displayed with percentages of each question from the staff questionnaire. once the new items have been in place for a few weeks we will put out the questionnaire again with a few more questions on it and then we will be able to measure the food safety culture. Over the close down season we will work on new items to encourage a better culture and then repeat the process again next season with the allocated seasonal workers again. To be able to measure we will have to do two surveys in the season. I have attached our plan which as we go along will probably change to suit work commitments. Attached File  Food Safety Culture Plan 2021.docx   25.21KB   532 downloads  

Thanked by 3 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users