Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Belize
    Belize

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:09 PM

Hi mentors, I am seeking guidance as to where I could find a Training Manual(s) / Slides for Food Handler's Training that is specifically targeted for processing line workers. Most of the information I have come across is geared towards street vendors and kitchens. Awaiting your kind responses. Regards with Thanks.

Andy_Yellows

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Football, Dr Pepper

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:26 AM

Hi bzefella,

Not sure what courses are available in Belize but here in the UK there are a number of food safety training courses that target catering or manufacturing. The ones you have described in your post are catering-orientated but I'm sure there are many available for manufacturers. As I'm sure you're already aware, online training can be pretty affordable and usually made even cheaper if you enrol higher numbers of people on the courses at once.

https://www.highspee...-2-version.aspx

Not sure if the link I've above will work where you are in the world but if it does then I think this is would be an example of what you're looking for.

Best of luck.

Andy

On the Ball, City

bzefella

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Belize
    Belize

Posted 03 August 2021 - 03:39 PM

Hi Andy

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my query. Presently what we have here is a Food Handlers Training that is heavily tilted towards Street Vendors. As such much of the information is not as relevant to processing line workers in food-producing factories. As such I'm trying to see if I can develop a training programme (with manual, etc.) specifically geared towards food factory line workers.

Regards

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 August 2021 - 11:01 PM

It is quite challenging as the training the processing plants are expected to have is quite more intense then Food Handlers Training.  Training on your company's GMP's, SSOP's and HACCP Plan are good places to start.  You will want to also cover Food Allergens, General Pest Control, Proper Handling, Using and Storing of Chemicals, Plant / Food Security, Food Fraud and now possibly even Food Safety Culture.  If there is a pathogen(s) of concern for you industry you may want to do some specific training on the bugger and how to prevent and eliminate it. - You might look up training provided by this site, IFSQN (lots of helpful free webinars as well as some solid training courses that are very economical.  HACCP Mentor is also a useful site to look for possible resources. Not sure the budget for your company but Alchemy is a great training company that has all the training necessary for food industry and it is provided in many languages so it could be a possibility to meet your needs.    

bzefella

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Belize
    Belize

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:39 PM

Thank you all for taking time to respond to my query. Mulan and Andy I was more looking into into developing a Food Handlers Training Manual/Course which is specific for Food Processing Facilities as oppose to self training. The present one provided by the state (Public Health Bureau) is more catered to kitchens including street vendors, that follow WHO/PAHO Guidance and not really catering to Line workers in Food Production facilities.I also work for the state but for entity responsible for food safety.

So if anyone has a template, etc. please drop me a line.

Always appreciative of the assistance provided here by the Mentors.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 19 May 2022 - 07:20 PM

Thank you all for taking time to respond to my query. Mulan and Andy I was more looking into into developing a Food Handlers Training Manual/Course which is specific for Food Processing Facilities as oppose to self training. The present one provided by the state (Public Health Bureau) is more catered to kitchens including street vendors, that follow WHO/PAHO Guidance and not really catering to Line workers in Food Production facilities.I also work for the state but for entity responsible for food safety.

So if anyone has a template, etc. please drop me a line.

Always appreciative of the assistance provided here by the Mentors.

I would take the template of the one already provided by the 'state' and gear it towards Food Production facilities.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users