• Quick Navigation
Photo

Fish Storage Procedure

Share this

Best Answer , 15 August 2021 - 09:43 AM

Since trevally is a histamine producing species I would refer you to ch. 7 of the FDA's Seafood Hazards Guidance. These are excellent examples of control measures that have been validated over the years. Of course due diligence would be ensuring you comply with your own countries regulations. 

For the sake of brevity, cold storage could be either continuous monitoring or a periodic inspection of ice levels. 

Additionally, CCPs would include receiving and unrefrigerated processing.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Bilal Hussain

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 15 August 2021 - 08:24 AM

Hi to every one! I am working in catering company. We receive fresh trevally fish about (500Kg) once a week which is kept in ice when delivered. We use this fish for cooking in 3 to 5 days after receiving depending on menu. What procedure should be implemented for storage of such fish? Thanks.

Slab

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 438 posts
  • 208 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading (history, science fiction), Photography, drawing,food safety, metrology, TQM, hoplology, etc.

Posted 15 August 2021 - 09:43 AM   Best Answer

Since trevally is a histamine producing species I would refer you to ch. 7 of the FDA's Seafood Hazards Guidance. These are excellent examples of control measures that have been validated over the years. Of course due diligence would be ensuring you comply with your own countries regulations. 

For the sake of brevity, cold storage could be either continuous monitoring or a periodic inspection of ice levels. 

Additionally, CCPs would include receiving and unrefrigerated processing.

Attached File  Fish-and-Fishery-Products-Hazards-and-Controls-Guidance-Chapter-7-Download.pdf   2.09MB   6 downloads

Food Safety News  Marine Stewardship Council

"Some people freak out when they see small vertebra in their pasta" ~ Chef John

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users