Can somebody suggest on how we can check our water chiller for cleanliness? I also want to know what is the ideal frequency of cleaning and sanitizing.
Posted 23 August 2021 - 09:20 PM
Take samples of the water post chiller and conduct microbial testing....coliform, TPC and/or heterotrophs. You should see any coliform, if you do then it needs cleaning / sanitizing. As far as TPC and/or heterotrophs they should be less than 100 CFU/mL, but also it depends on your operation as no two operations are the same. You need to build up the data for your spec on that and see how it may impact the quality / safety of the product...like when the chiller may leak.
Posted 24 August 2021 - 02:33 PM
Good morning Dante,
- Can somebody suggest on how we can check our water chiller for cleanliness ?
- Ryan knocked this one out of the park
- I also want to know what is the ideal frequency of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Start with manufacturer recommendations
- Adjust based on results of results of what Ryan suggested in question 1
- I wouldn't adjust it to be LESS frequent than what the manufacturer recommends, but it very well might need to be MORE frequent if your data supports that
Posted 24 August 2021 - 02:38 PM
I am going one step further and ask what you are chilling
CFIA has (or used to with old regs) and allowance for frequency based on water chiller bacterial load and overflow volume as a % of total chiller volume
Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users