• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 September 2021 - 05:28 PM

Hi All,

We are a granola cookie manufacturer. We are still a small manufacturer. Our main ingredients are: oats, corn flour, sugar, honey, molasses, canola oil

We currently run one long shift and conduct cleaning that day on equipment that comes into contact with raw dough such as the depositor and mixer etc.

We are looking to have 3 shifts a day and clean at the end of the week. 

What do you recommend to validate that production can run for 6 days and clean on the 7th without concerns? ATP Testing? 

We currently do no conduct ATP swabs- we conduct allergen swabs. I would be interested to know what your opinion is on doing ATP swabs daily as well. Is this needed? 

Thank you! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,503 posts
  • 1514 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 September 2021 - 06:10 PM

ATP swabs can assist with proving that you can keep the plant relatively clean for 6 straight days, but only in that you can see what the differences are over time

TPC would be more helpful

My concerns would be:

A) e coli levels growing over the production week to levels capable of contaminating your finished goods (assuming you have a kill step)

B) salmonella levels multiplying (assuming you have egg in your product/ may not apply)

C) machinery failures due to buildup

D) allergen changeovers disappear as an option without a full clean

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 September 2021 - 02:43 AM

Hi All,

We are a granola cookie manufacturer. We are still a small manufacturer. Our main ingredients are: oats, corn flour, sugar, honey, molasses, canola oil

We currently run one long shift and conduct cleaning that day on equipment that comes into contact with raw dough such as the depositor and mixer etc.

We are looking to have 3 shifts a day and clean at the end of the week. 

What do you recommend to validate that production can run for 6 days and clean on the 7th without concerns? ATP Testing? 

We currently do no conduct ATP swabs- we conduct allergen swabs. I would be interested to know what your opinion is on doing ATP swabs daily as well. Is this needed? 

Thank you! 

Hi rai,

IMO, yr allergenic procedure to infer microbiological adequacy is illogical. Implementation of a zone-based EMPG to establish a micro. baseline is preferable.

Yr proposal to clean weekly seems likely to have a magnetic attraction for auditors. An attempt to validate would also require an EMPG  IMO.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jalex194021

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 September 2021 - 02:02 PM

Maybe this attached file will help you.

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

rushmolly

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 November 2021 - 08:06 PM

It was great that I was able to see this file. Greetings everyone. And thank you also. Stay with love. -_-

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 November 2021 - 07:52 AM

Hi jalex,

Many thanks yr attachment.

I found the first 3 items referred in yr attachment rather tricky to locate so I have separately attached them here for convenience -

Attached File  Less_than_Daily_Sanitation_Procedures.pdf   84.34KB   25 downloads

Attached File  FSIS directive 5000.5 rev3.pdf   330.59KB   12 downloads

Attached File  FSIS Sanitation Performance Standards Compliance Guide,1999.pdf   196.57KB   15 downloads

Thks again.

PS - this explanative introduction can be read in association with 2nd pdf above - 

Attached File  FSIS directive on Verif.of Less Than Daily Saniitat.Procs.2009.pdf   111.09KB   15 downloads

Edited by Charles.C, 08 November 2021 - 08:15 AM.
added

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users