Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 11 November 2021 - 01:55 AM

Do you conduct monthly Hazard Control Plan audit for verification of implementation and effectiveness? I mean the FSTL audits the established Hazard Control Plan, this is a separate audit aside from the one conducted by the Internal Audit Team. If yes, can you share some insights or documented checklist on the items that must be included. Thank you!

Prasant Prusty

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Food safety, Technology, Software, Auditing

Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:28 AM

@Selena01 the frequency of verification has to be established by the site based on the risk. What I have seen ( by using my auditor hat) some site pick an area of the program and go in deep rather repeating the same every month. Auditing is a very good tool to identify gap but the difficult part is what are you doing with the findings. Depending on the area, I would do a through walkthrough, review records for trends in non compliance, interview employees if they know what they are doing as per the SOPs, review any out layer in that area. Hope this helps.

Selena01

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 11 November 2021 - 03:13 AM

@Selena01 the frequency of verification has to be established by the site based on the risk. What I have seen ( by using my auditor hat) some site pick an area of the program and go in deep rather repeating the same every month. Auditing is a very good tool to identify gap but the difficult part is what are you doing with the findings. Depending on the area, I would do a through walkthrough, review records for trends in non compliance, interview employees if they know what they are doing as per the SOPs, review any out layer in that area. Hope this helps.

Actually, I'm planning to do the walkthrough, interview employees, review the monitoring records if done consistently...then all the findings and observations will be documented in a form of a report. Of course the NCs during the walkthrough should be corrected. About the frequency, we haven't established it yet.

Thanks for your inputs.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:06 PM

Do you conduct monthly Hazard Control Plan audit for verification of implementation and effectiveness? I mean the FSTL audits the established Hazard Control Plan, this is a separate audit aside from the one conducted by the Internal Audit Team. If yes, can you share some insights or documented checklist on the items that must be included. Thank you!

Hi Selena,

Sorry but I don't quite understand yr OP.

FSTL = Food Safety Team Leader ?

What do you mean by "separate audit ....."?

A traditional "Verification of a HACCP Plan" is exampled below. Frequencies will be a mix of items like Ongoing, annually etc. Some templates do exist on this Forum.

Attached File  HACCP_Principle_6-Verification_Procedures.pdf   380.81KB   96 downloads

Attached File  myhaccp_-_principle_6_verification.pdf   77.53KB   87 downloads

PS - examples of verification matrices can be seen here (frequencies shown are debatable :smile: ) -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ule/#entry59285

https://www.ifsqn.co...ams/#entry56545

Edited by Charles.C, 11 November 2021 - 04:06 PM.
added

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,557 posts
  • 1523 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 November 2021 - 04:49 PM

i have a reassessment calendar the splits the entire written program, from HACCP plan to prereqs into pieces small enough to manage in a single sitting.

It requires review against GFSI/regulatory requirements as well as onsite/record review/interviews

It allows me to block out my vacation time (because let's face it, I'm in vacation mode prior to leaving!) as well as our peak production times

Some months I get it all done, some not, but I have lighter periods where I can pick up my own slack

CCPS are fully reviewed 4/year

Some pre reqs only once, some twice depends on risk if something has failed

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users