• IFSQN Member
  • 82 posts
  • 16 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 November 2021 - 07:54 PM

Hi All,

just a quick question, As per CFIA/FDA new labels  (NFT) need to be implemented by December 2021.

Is it still December 2021 or extended to December 2022?

Thanks

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,522 posts
  • 1517 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:44 PM

there is some leeway for compliance, but not implementation, you should still be targeting next month to roll out whenever possible

e're making improvements to the nutrition facts table and list of ingredients on food labels. These amendments will improve the Nutrition Facts table and list of ingredients to make them easier to understand thereby helping Canadians to make informed choices. A five-year transition period, ending on December 14, 2021, was provided to allow sufficient time for industry to make the necessary changes to their labels and also to use up any existing stocks of labels already printed to comply with current requirements. However, given the challenges imposed by COVID-19, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) will focus its efforts on education and compliance

promotion for the first year, until December 14, 2022. As of December 15, 2022, CFIA will verify compliance and apply enforcement discretion in cases where non-compliant companies have detailed plans showing how they intend to meet the new requirements at the earliest possible time.

https://www.canada.c...ng-changes.html

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Bansal

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 82 posts
  • 16 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 November 2021 - 09:16 PM

Thanks a lot scampi :), I went through these guidelines and my interpretation is that till December 2022 we are allowed to use inventory (old label) but for sure we have switch to new after/in December 2022.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users