• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does a production manager need HACCP training?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

ntay96

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 November 2021 - 01:54 PM

My facility is working towards SQF. The HACCP coordinator and director of operations are both trained as SQF practitioners. So we've got the back-up practitioner requirement covered. However the Production Manager has no formal training (very knowledge about food safety and 10+ years of experience, but no certificates at all). Is there any requirement in the code that suggests the production manager/someone in a position so integral to food safety would need formal training? 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 November 2021 - 02:06 PM

I haven't dug into the newest code, but it was not required in the versions I operated under. At that time they needed to have demonstrable proficiency with each task they were responsible for overseeing/managing. For example, I've had an SQF auditor ask my line operator to show them how the HACCP check is performed, ask a shift supervisor to show them how they perform the HACCP verification checks, etc. They will also ask 'what happens if...' type questions. 

But a 'formal training' class? No, I've never seen that required of production manager.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users