Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:13 PM

Hi everyone, quick question. I have taken over a SQF program at my new job and the previous SQF practitioner had the company forms labeled off of the coinciding document number. Such as D2.3.2 was the document number and the form is F2.3.2.1. Is this required to label the forms off the document number, or can the form just stand with its name such as "Corrective Action, or Glass Register?" I know the documents need the number, but I would love to take the form numbers off. Is this possible?

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:58 PM

sacrilege!

Your current system is how I have always done it.    it just makes it easier. (for me)

However, there is no requirement for numbering  or how to number in SQF.    Im sure you have reviewed the docment control section.   there is a lot of freedom.  you just need to state how you will meet the requirement and follow it.   

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:33 PM

Well, what if you have more than one form for 1 document? I have tons of forms for different programs/policies/SOPs, and they often cross-connect. I never bothered to match forms to documents. If SQF doesn't have a requirement for doc's/forms numbering - it's up to you how to do it as soon as it's convenient for you. 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,511 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 December 2021 - 04:53 PM

you get to choose how this is done

best to have a documentation policy that spells it out thought, auditors mostly, will be expecting a numbering system

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users