• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:31 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm the QA at a medium food manufacturer and we want to review our covid-19 measures as we think many things have changed since the pandemic has stared.

I would like to know, which measures have you put in place when the pandemic stared in early 2020 and what of those measure are still in place.

As a lot have changed since the pandemic started and a lot of people are vaccine now, it would be really interesting how businesses have response to that. Somehow we learning to live with it.

Are things like wearing a facemask during work in production, social distancing when possible, less contact as possible, cleaning every 2 hours, no visitors when possible  etc. still appropriate? 

And a other big topic in our company how do you deal with a employee calls because of a couth?  Of course he could have Covid and must stay at home, how about those who use this measure just to stay at home even they do not have anything and just want a day of.

Really looking forward to hear form around the world how everyone is dealing in almost 2022 with Covid in there facility/business.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:52 PM

we are still masking and using an electronic covid symptom forum--it will tell you if it's ok to come to work or not

i have not seen any evidence of people sick at work (coughing etc)

Things had really improved in my part of the world--but not looking good now, so if anything, we will be implementing (perhaps) some stronger measures for our unvaccinated employees

Being in the northern hemisphere means lots of indoor time, which isn't helping

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Spidey

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 208 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 December 2021 - 06:37 PM

My company has been updating our policies to stay compliant with the changing regulations in our state.

Currently, our state has an indoor mask mandate, regardless of vaccination status and the ability to social distance.  Originally we weren't masking because the law was social distancing or masks and since social distancing is not an issue for us we opted for that, but then the law changed, so we had to adjust.

One of the polices that we implemented before it became a requirement and have continued to carry despite changing requirements is twice-daily employee temperature checks.  We also advise employees to call in sick if they have symptoms of COVID-19, but since we have <10 employees, of which more than half are related, we don't have a formal survey like the type Scampi mentioned.

We allow scheduled visitors; unannounced visitors are allowed on a case by case basis.  Visitors are required to follow our COVID-19 procedures when on the premises.

I have a timeline document that I started in March 2020 where I've been keeping track of all of the changes in the laws and what my facility has been doing both proactively and reactively to legislation.  At present, it's 6 pages single spaced.  This is the introduction to that document:

In March of 2020, COVID-19 started to become a growing issue in the United States.  Below is a timeline detailing the COVID-19 outbreak, as well as actions taken by Full Company Name to prevent the spread of COVID-19, protect its employees, and minimize the impact of the outbreak on the facility’s ability to produce products.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,054 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 20 December 2021 - 07:48 PM

Per the USDA - we are required to wear masks until the county transmission rate decreases. A requirement for all USDA federally inspected facilities. Employees are very good at not coming to work sick. We update the sick policy as regulations change.

What we'll keep. Staggered start and break times. Cleaning the common areas more often. Visitors policy that asks them not to enter our facility while sick.

Like Spidey - we kept track as well of what we've done and it's quite long.

We've gone away from taking temperatures.

Edited by kfromNE, 20 December 2021 - 07:52 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

YNA QA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 97 posts
  • 17 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Crochet, Reading, Animals, Football

Posted 21 February 2022 - 02:56 PM

We're entertaining the idea of going away with masks in production areas.  Has anyone else moved forward with that step? We're struggling with employees keeping them above their noses as is, and I think people in general are just fed up with them in the plant, since it seems the remainder of the world has moved on.

Thoughts?

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,054 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:33 PM

We're entertaining the idea of going away with masks in production areas.  Has anyone else moved forward with that step? We're struggling with employees keeping them above their noses as is, and I think people in general are just fed up with them in the plant, since it seems the remainder of the world has moved on.

Thoughts?

If you are a USDA facility - you may not be able to.

While I'm a pro masks - take them away. Allow people who want to wear them, wear them.

I work in a refrigerated facility - we've never not allowed them. My QCs used to wear scarves over their faces due to the cold. The shipping staff going into the blast freezer - them same thing.

Thanked by 1 Member:

YNA QA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 97 posts
  • 17 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Crochet, Reading, Animals, Football

Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:37 PM

If you are a USDA facility - you may not be able to.

While I'm a pro masks - take them away. Allow people who want to wear them, wear them.

I work in a refrigerated facility - we've never not allowed them. My QCs used to wear scarves over their faces due to the cold. The shipping staff going into the blast freezer - them same thing.

Luckily we are not USDA, and we are dry manufacturing so its hot vs cold.

I believe that's what we're moving towards.

Thanks!

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:49 PM

I think if the USDA dropped it's mask requirement, we would be right behind.

Edited by Setanta, 21 February 2022 - 06:50 PM.

-Setanta         

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 February 2022 - 03:47 PM

In our (EU) country almost all restrictions are lifted.

As of next week:
Mask-mandate is lifted (exception in public transport/city hall)
Restaurants/bars/shops are open. Restrictions on opening/closing lifted (how does clubbing even work anymore? :beer: )
No more need to quarantine after a family member tests positive.
No more use of 3g (''corona passport''), so unvacced people are also included in all the fun stuff

Our company still asks household members of those who have covid to WFH if possible. But if needed at work (e.g. operator) a negative test will suffice.
Covid lateral flow/self-tests and masks are provided free of charge. Checking yourself with a lateral flowtest before coming into work is strongly advised.

External visitors are still shunned.

And the biggest difference is that our company will continue to allow some WFH after corona. Probably 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH. 
This is also because we don't have enough desks anymore in our office for all the new hires of 2020/2022  :roflmao: .

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users