• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:23 AM

Good morning,

Any one have training template for food safety culture? Not sure how and what to do with it.

Thank you 

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:00 PM

Im not sure what you mean about a training template.    There are classes out there regarding food safety culture.     I dont think you need ot be training the entire company in food safety culture.   I have posted a link below to the GFSI white paper on food safety culture.   It may help.  

https://mygfsi.com/w...ulture-Full.pdf

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

TGolo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 December 2021 - 09:18 PM

For SQF I thought it was required since it has to be part of Management policy. 

Thank you

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 December 2021 - 09:57 PM

Senior management is to establish and maintain a food safety culture.   That is in the policy requirements and is further described in 2.1.1.2.  You are absolutely correct.   

If senior management does not understand food safety culture or how to develop a "program" regarding food safety culture, I would say they probably should attend  some training or at least review the GFSI white paper on food safety culture & the SQFI Guidance document on food safety culture.  

I don't think that training all plant employees on "what is food safety culture / how to improve food safety"  is required.   You certainly could provide this training and it may be beneficial - but not required in my opinion.   

There are elements of food safety culture that plant employees should be aware of such as the plant's food safety objectives, their responsibility for reporting food safety concerns and improvements, their food safety knowledge and application during daily activities,  their involvement with food safety improvement projects,  importance of providing feedback on food safety culture surveys, etc.    

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

TGolo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 April 2022 - 01:23 PM

Thank you,