• Quick Navigation
Photo

Internal Audit Plan for departments

Share this

Best Answer , 24 January 2022 - 10:10 AM

You'll find that a lot of the clauses potentially span several departments, so splitting it up by department might not be the easiest approach.

For the example you've given of 4.14, this should hopefully cover both your storage and production areas.

Personally I find it easier to break up the schedule by clause rather than by department, but there is scope within the standard to divide it in a way that suits you. It just seems to me that you might end up doubling (if not more) the number of audits you need to do, as for example if you do 4.14 for warehousing and then 4.14 for production as a separate audits, you're doing two audits that could instead be done as a single audit.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Brian Nguyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:46 AM

Hi everyone,

I am making a plan for internal audit based on BRC clauses for the first time and I have some confused.

I would highly appreciate any answers and your examples.

My site has seven deparments and I don't know how to distribute the clauses into each deparment in the plan.

For example, The requirement 4.14 (pest management): Should I audit this clause in Warehouse or in the Production Area?

Had someone have experience on this issue, please help me to find out, I've just worked with BRC for 3 months.

Many thanks.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:10 AM   Best Answer

You'll find that a lot of the clauses potentially span several departments, so splitting it up by department might not be the easiest approach.

For the example you've given of 4.14, this should hopefully cover both your storage and production areas.

Personally I find it easier to break up the schedule by clause rather than by department, but there is scope within the standard to divide it in a way that suits you. It just seems to me that you might end up doubling (if not more) the number of audits you need to do, as for example if you do 4.14 for warehousing and then 4.14 for production as a separate audits, you're doing two audits that could instead be done as a single audit.

Thanked by 2 Members:

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:26 PM

Completely agree with Scampi, I do the same.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Brian Nguyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:40 AM

Thank pHruit and olenazh for your answers,

Those answers help me to find out the different way to approach this issue. I will consider making the audit plan by clauses instead of deparments.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simao Monteiro

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 29 January 2022 - 12:25 PM

And what kind of information are you using to determine the frequency at which clause is audited?

Brian Nguyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 30 January 2022 - 01:45 AM

And what kind of information are you using to determine the frequency at which clause is audited?

Hello Simao Monteiro,
I determine the frequency of each clause by internal audit risk assessment. I found an example of this form on one topic on our forum and It's very useful. You could make it as preference if you want. However, you need to re-assess based on the condition of your site.

https://www.ifsqn.co...udit-frequency/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users