• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:16 PM

Hello all, 

We are a 3PL warehousing and transportation company with a number of Food Graded clients. We are SQF certified, and we do handle raw materials, finished products and food graded packaging material over a wide range of Temperature controlled warehousing space. 

One of our potential clients showed up asking for a Letter of Guarantee for a "Peanut Free Facility". Here my question is, can we create a separate section in our warehouse (with a partition wall) and declare that specific area as a "peanut Free zone"? As other areas in the warehouse may contain Peanuts and/or tree nuts. 

(Please note: we do not open/process any of the received items in any part of our warehouse - we are simply Receiving-storage-shipping kind of business.)

Any of your suggestions would be greatly helpful. I just don't want to reply back to the client with any dumb answers. 

Thank you everyone, in advance!!

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:44 PM

Can you 100% guarantee that? I mean, would that separate peanut-free zone have exclusive shipping/receiving area, personnel and so on - so, there won't be cross-connection between peanut-free and other goods flows? You see, I'm just thinking: if you issue that LOG and something would ever happen with peanut-free goods (say, peanut-related complain or whatever) - they potentially may sue you. Let's see what others will say...

Thanked by 1 Member:

jpatel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:53 PM

Thanks much Olenazh, 

I really appreciate your response. 

Yes, we can have separate shipping-receiving area, separate employee entrance and a separate lunch room - exclusively for peanut-free zone.

The only thing I am wondering is, what should be precautionary measures - if some employees from non-controlled area need to visit the "Peanut Free zone"? Just washing/sanitizing hands would be enough for that? 

(we have a common food safety team, and they might need to visit the Peanut free zone - every couple of days)

Thank you..!!  :smile:

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:03 PM

To be completely safe, your policy should include not only hand washing but changing outfit when visiting peanut-free zone. Your written policy must include all precautionary measures, personnel training, corrective actions, flow charts, and so on to cover your rear end:)

jpatel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:21 PM

Thanks much Olenazh. I got many of my doubts cleared. 

Thanks much once again. :) 

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 527 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 January 2022 - 01:58 PM

I don't see it.   It's still in the same facility right?   They're asking if your facility is 'peanut free'.   It's not.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users