Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 02 February 2022 - 08:51 AM

I recently joined a hospitality company which going is to start a chain of QSR & Fine dining restaurants.
So i want to know what basic quality standards and requirements shall i start with to establish a robust QA system & to allign with the any international standards like BRCGS or FSSC to get certified.

Edited by Suhail707, 02 February 2022 - 08:54 AM.

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 527 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 February 2022 - 02:24 PM

If you're just starting out, I feel like this is a much larger question than can be answered here.  If truly starting from scratch, I'd start with a consultant, depending on your size, operation, etc.   I went through the starting from scratch thing to get fssc 22k cert, and I don't think I could have done it without a little help at least.  There's just too much to list to sum it up neat and tidy in a forum post.

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2022 - 01:59 PM

The first thing I would say is don't get certified for a restaurant chain unless your local law requires it. Most certifications are customer driven and it is unlikely that many of your customers would have ever heard of BRCGS or FSSC and it costs a lot to get certified.

That said, there is a lot in these Standards and others that you can take and modify to fit a hospitality business. You can use some of the building fabric requirements in designing the construction and layout of your operation.

Don't though go over the top, take the parts of the Standards which you could and should manage to begin with eg., your risk assessments and staff training.Keep your record keeping to a minimum, temperature checks, training and stock rotation for instance. If you are in a small restaurant chain you are probably going to work with a low number of employees and they are not going to have a lot of time to do lots of paperwork. Invented results are worthless and may cause bigger problems. 

Introduce an appropriate level of audits, primarily hygiene and GMP

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users