m.erzetti

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 25 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy
  • Interests:Consultant for ISO 9001; ISO 17025; ISO 22000; BRC & IFS. I worked at the University of Perugia in the CERB (Italian Brewing Research Centre) as Quality Manager (ISO 9001 - ISO 17025)

Posted 21 February 2022 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

what do you consider for am assessment of emerging non standard hazards?

I'm tihinking to consider: 1. The hazards will be present in the product chain? 2. It is present a Regulatory Guide line? (for example acrylamide EU guide line) 3. There are scientific publications with the result about the impact for the consumers? 

Do you have other suggests?

Thank you 

Duncan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 16 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2022 - 07:29 PM

Great question!

I think it would be sensible to consider labour shortages, smuggling/trafficking (drugs and/or human), disruptions to utilities (gas, electricity, water), emergence of new viruses/disease, international travel restrictions, import/export/border restrictions (e.g. along Brexit lines), extreme weather disruptions, secondary/indirect raw material shortages (e.g. CO2), disruptive business models (such as Amazon entering the food market), and reputational brand damage from consumers and/or protesters using social media platforms as a multiplier for brand damage.

Trouble is, the truly unpredictable hazards are... Unpredictable  :rofl2:

FOOD PORTAL - The web portal dedicated to the food industry

Food Portal provides a range of systems and tools for food manufacturers.

Resource Library - Culture Survey - Confidential Reporting - Supplier Directory - Blog

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 February 2022 - 06:02 AM

Hi,

what do you consider for am assessment of emerging non standard hazards?

I'm tihinking to consider: 1. The hazards will be present in the product chain? 2. It is present a Regulatory Guide line? (for example acrylamide EU guide line) 3. There are scientific publications with the result about the impact for the consumers? 

Do you have other suggests?

Thank you 

Hi m.erzetti,

If the question is posed from a (traditional) HACCP POV, the basic response would appear to be self-evident ?

To put it another way, what is the context ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 22 February 2022 - 06:36 AM

Great question!

I think it would be sensible to consider labour shortages, smuggling/trafficking (drugs and/or human), disruptions to utilities (gas, electricity, water), emergence of new viruses/disease, international travel restrictions, import/export/border restrictions (e.g. along Brexit lines), extreme weather disruptions, secondary/indirect raw material shortages (e.g. CO2), disruptive business models (such as Amazon entering the food market), and reputational brand damage from consumers and/or protesters using social media platforms as a multiplier for brand damage.

Trouble is, the truly unpredictable hazards are... Unpredictable  :rofl2:

The chaos theory and fuzzy maths can confirm this statement.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users