• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:03 AM

Hey All,
I am planning to run a daycare in the city of Toronto. I am confused about some of the furniture and equipment needed. Bcause it has a limited space consists of one main hall, small kitchen area and an open work area. All slots are free now, and we can design them as we wish. I would like to cook in the open space and get more space in the kitchen. Suggestions will be appreciated if anyone has the same experience.
Thank You.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,068 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:32 PM

Hey All,
I am planning to run a daycare in the city of Toronto. I am confused about some of the furniture and equipment needed. Bcause it has a limited space consists of one main hall, small kitchen area and an open work area. All slots are free now, and we can design them as we wish. I would like to cook in the open space and get more space in the kitchen. Suggestions will be appreciated if anyone has the same experience.
Thank You.

You will need to look at the regulations. So the city of Toronto, Ontario providence, Canadian government and specifically daycare centers. In the US, a daycare has different regulations than other places that serve food.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:46 PM

Reach out to your public health unit

https://www.toronto....dcaredesign.pdf

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Jonah_nathella

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 June 2022 - 05:01 AM

Reach out to your public health unit

https://www.toronto....dcaredesign.pdf

A big Thanks!! I went through the publication you supplied here. It was very helpful, and page 79 describes the rules and regulations of maintaining a kitchen. I already sought the advice of The Ontario Ministry of Education; however, they didn't mention kitchen practices. From this article, I get a clear picture of this. But my situation is strange because I have limited space in the kitchen, so the cooking process should be visible to the children, then it must be conducted inside the kitchen. My friend suggested cleaning utensils outside the kitchen, probably in the work area, with the help of a movable wash basin. Then I can free up the space for the sink inside the kitchen. Do people have any tips on this?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:48 PM

Call your public health unit-today

You will NOT be given a incense to operate until you meet their requirements so you may as well talk to them before you go too far down that rabbit hole

All dish washing in Ontario must be done with a 3 basin sink (wash rinse sanitize) so a mobile sink may not be suitable

FYI-public health runs a very tight licensing ship--it is in your own best interest to discuss your plans before you spend ANY $$$

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Jonah_nathella

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 June 2022 - 03:27 PM

Call your public health unit-today

You will NOT be given a incense to operate until you meet their requirements so you may as well talk to them before you go too far down that rabbit hole

All dish washing in Ontario must be done with a 3 basin sink (wash rinse sanitize) so a mobile sink may not be suitable

FYI-public health runs a very tight licensing ship--it is in your own best interest to discuss your plans before you spend ANY $$$

Okay, I appreciate it.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users