• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 July 2022 - 05:24 PM

Good afternoon everyone

As currently under GFSI regulation, we have a co-packer (who produces a product under our name) who is not GFSI.

I went there to do an internal audit under GFSI template checklist to make sure he follows my approved supplier program procedure.

However I was wondering if anyone had a template or guidance on how I can determine wether this supplier is ''approved'' or not after his internal audit (depending on the number of N-C , gravity of N-C, etc.)

I don't want to give this supplier a scoring like the GFSI one since it's too severe for a company that's not GFSI 

They are currently applying corrective action for each of the N-C I found but still wanted to know how to do a ''conclusion'' report on that ?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,508 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:01 PM

I just read in this  https://mygfsi.com/w...Protocol_V2.pdf   that 

Step 1 - Self-Assessment: Depending on the outcome of the self-assessment, the business should pass to Step 2 (Basic Level), Step 3 (Intermediate Level) or Step 4 (Certification against a GFSI recognised scheme). • Step 2 - Assessment Basic Level: Matches 35% of the GFSI Guidance Document. • Step 3 - Assessment Intermediate Level: Matches 65% of the GFSI Guidance Document. • Step 4 - Certification against a GFSI Recognised Scheme: The official accredited certification process.

Perhaps the section in BOLD will help you out   if the vendor meets between 35 and 65% of your audit, you could score them as basic or intermediate level?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

caroline2771

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:27 PM

Yes this will help me formuling my template

thank you Scampi !

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 06 July 2022 - 10:49 PM

In general the requirement is that the contract supplier (packaging under your label) is either GFSI  certified (SQF, FSSC, BRC, IFS, etc) or meets the requirements of your GFSi requirements.

So, they don't need to be GFSI (SQF, etc) but must be in compliance with your chosen certification requirements and would be audited against that certification.

We are in planning stage for a new food facility that will break ground in the Spring of 2023, we will be getting SQF certified once up and running and we may have one or more contract suppliers - both of them will be audited on the basis of the requirements of our SQF cert.since they are not as of yet SQF or any of the other gFsi schemes.

So if your company is SQF for instance, I would use the SQF audit format to do an audit on the supplier.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

caroline2771

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate