• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 July 2022 - 06:43 PM

Hello, 

I am currently at a that makes RTE foods, we are SQF certified but the SQF practitioner left abruptly.  I am slowly going over our program and I am a little stuck with the maintenance for the facility and equipment.  We have a preventative log for each month and it lists all equipment that is being used.  Do we need one for the facility or would a log for that is just for maintenance be sufficient?  I also would like to know what do I need to do for immediate repairs, since it is not technically requested or schedule?  Would I need to make a form for those types of incidents? 

Thank you in advance!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 July 2022 - 07:16 PM

SQF will want to see a temporary/emergency repair form----there should be a placed where someone OTHER than maintenance verifies that the area/equipment is ok to be used again or not

The interior and exterior of the facility should each have an inspection report, and a place to add the work order #s or emails and then verify that the issues have been correctly adequately and included the date and initials once the verification is complete

your PM schedule should be all the tasks that need done on a REGULAR schedule (daily/weekly/monthly etc) and have a place for the date and initials of the person who completed the tasks

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 104 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2022 - 07:19 PM

Attached File  F-9.2.1.2 Work Orders.docx   18.44KB   84 downloadsI would go over your maintenance policy and find out what frequencies the previous practitioner had set for all your equipment. From there you would be able to decide if the log you currently have will work properly. 

I have created a work order form for all repairs and it has an area where you decide if it is planned, unplanned. See attached form. I have a list of all equipment at defined frequiencies to be serviced, I put date of completion along with W/O number as a reference. It is also important to have a release back to production section that the area is clean, there are no materials, tools and eqipment left behind. Depending on care level of your facility and type of cleaning required you can add to your form. 

I also do not have maintenance sign off on the work order, usually someone in QA or myself. I also use this if an outside tech is working on a piece of equipment.

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

New@SQF

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:08 PM

Thank you for your responses.

I do have a monthly schedule log which does have the PM information, as well as a log that is lists the maintenance required with a projected repair.  

attachicon.gif F-9.2.1.2 Work Orders.docxI would go over your maintenance policy and find out what frequencies the previous practitioner had set for all your equipment. From there you would be able to decide if the log you currently have will work properly. 

I have created a work order form for all repairs and it has an area where you decide if it is planned, unplanned. See attached form. I have a list of all equipment at defined frequiencies to be serviced, I put date of completion along with W/O number as a reference. It is also important to have a release back to production section that the area is clean, there are no materials, tools and eqipment left behind. Depending on care level of your facility and type of cleaning required you can add to your form. 

I also do not have maintenance sign off on the work order, usually someone in QA or myself. I also use this if an outside tech is working on a piece of equipment.

I will definitely look at the work order log to allow it to work for our maintenance program.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users