Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:12 PM

Hi all, a little background: I've worked in manufacturing facilities in food/bev/supps my entire career and have recently switched positions to now run QA for a Brand. We contract all manufacturing & distribution out to qualified third parties. The customer service at the company is top notch, they track and trend all correspondence from customers and capture great data. There is also an excellent library of responses. 

I would like to take it one step further and have the data related directly to Quality and Safety complaints sent to me on a set frequency for trending. I will turn around and send that data to the co-mans for them to address and also for our R&D and Supply Chain team to address internally as needed. 

I'm running into the issue of keeping it simple -- we don't need a detailed, over complex process as the Brand. Here is my basic rundown of the components: 

Customer Service communicates data weekly --> QA categorizes, trends, determines classification (safety vs. quality; actionable vs. non-actionable) --> communicate to co-mans as needed --> communicate internally to departments as needed --> quarterly Quality presentation to company. 

I feel like I'm missing some components. The manufacturing QA manager in me wants a super detailed SOP. 

Thanks! :) 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 August 2022 - 05:46 AM

Hi Angus,

I would add complaint investigation and feedback from manufacturers.

Also, it might be worth a look at the short presentation I did for FSL 2019 - How to implement an effective customer complaints system - presentation starts at 31 minutes

Kind regards,

Tony

Angus86

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 August 2022 - 02:44 PM

Hi Angus,

I would add complaint investigation and feedback from manufacturers.

Also, it might be worth a look at the short presentation I did for FSL 2019 - How to implement an effective customer complaints system - presentation starts at 31 minutes

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanks Tony -- going to check this out!! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users