• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 January 2023 - 08:55 PM

Hello everyone here at IFSQN,

So I have been going through and updating any changes made to ingredient lists from materials we receive from our suppliers here at my company. I was wondering if there are any FDA regulations regarding the frequency in which you must review and revise your nutritional facts panels. Is it only when there are significant changes that would change the values, or is there a minimum frequency you must update them regardless of changes and their scale?

Thank you in advanced for anyone who takes the time to answer my question  :biggrin:  

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,503 posts
  • 1514 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 January 2023 - 09:03 PM

Unless or until one of these things happens;

Your finished goods undergoes formulation revision

There is a regulatory change

Otherwise, you never need to review (assuming they were correct when done in the first place)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Annnn

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 11 January 2023 - 06:42 AM

Hello everyone here at IFSQN,

So I have been going through and updating any changes made to ingredient lists from materials we receive from our suppliers here at my company. I was wondering if there are any FDA regulations regarding the frequency in which you must review and revise your nutritional facts panels. Is it only when there are significant changes that would change the values, or is there a minimum frequency you must update them regardless of changes and their scale?

Thank you in advanced for anyone who takes the time to answer my question  :biggrin:  

Hello Giauque.

As far as I know, there are no regulations mandating that nutrition facts be revised and updated with a certain frequency unless you change your product formulations or there is a regulatory change in nutrition facts/ labeling requirements.

sqflady

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 250 posts
  • 63 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2023 - 02:30 PM

They need to be accurate with a small variance allowed.  You need to update as often as needed to be accurate.

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 11 January 2023 - 04:57 PM

I'll echo what others have said, the nutritional facts/ingredients list would only need to be revised if there is a formula change or a regulatory change (eg the FDA requires a new format for listing information). This means that whenever you change your formula, you should be evaluating whether this will have an impact on your ingredient list or nutritional label. However, it is not a requirement to arbitrarily review your labels and release an updated version each year if nothing has changed.

Linked below is an FDA labeling guide, it is large but contains good information.

https://www.fda.gov/...-labeling-guide

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users