Our company has recently decided to provide Bottling Services for another Company. The agreement is that my company will receive finished bottle-ready product from our "Customer" at our Facility (via their preferred transportation company), at which point we would receive the product into our facility and take it through the Bottling Process (labeling as well) at which point the "Customer" is required to pick up the Bottled Product at our Facility via their preferred Transportation company.
My question is how this new Business venture affects our SQF Program and Certification and/or what steps we might need to implement in order to remain SQF Compliant. My brain hasn't been working great after the holidays and I wanted to see what other SQF-minds thought. Below are my thoughts:
- Require the Customer go through our Supplier Approval Process (of which they are required to divulge the use of any allergens in the Production of their product)
- Perform a Risk Assessment of the Customer
- Require Certificates of Authenticity for all Product shipped to us
Those seem like the obvious requirements, though I feel like I'm missing something. Below are some questions/additional info:
- Is this something we'd need to notify our Certifying Body of?
- For all Contract Manufacturers we're required to audit their facility at minimum annually, though in this situation we would technically be their Contract Manufacturer so it didn't seem like we would be required to audit their facility. Thoughts?
- They will use all the same packaging Suppliers we currently us which have all been Approved via our Supplier Approval Process, though their labels will obviously be different