• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to control garbage in pilot scale room (R&D Department)?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Utama

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:24 AM

Hi All...

I wanna ask you, 

How we can manage the garbage in the hygiene area?

I think there are no rules about "no garbage" in hygiene area (especially in my case is on the pilot scale area for R&D Dept,)

Is there any rules regarding garbage management in food safety? ( i think it will refer to cross-contamination and pest )

Any advice will help

Thanks

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:30 AM

These two things come immediately to mind:

Garbage needs to be removed from the area at least daily (more if the bin fills up more quickly). 

Bins need to be foot-operated to avoid cross-contamination on employees' hands.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 03 February 2023 - 04:23 PM

Hi RafifUtamaPutra, 

Similar to above, you need sanitary garbage bins with covers and preferably foot operation. The bins need to be on a sanitation schedule for daily emptying. The area itself should be free from garbage and debris, instead all debris should be placed into the garbage bins. Garbage should be placed in bins immediately upon generation, rather than littered on the floor until a sanitation worker picks it up.

Across all food safety standards, you will likely see that they ask that garbage be disposed of in adequate disposal bins in such a way that does not pose significant risk of contaminating food. This could be understood to mean that garbage bins themselves must be of sanitary design, in working condition, and emptied regularly.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Utama

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 06 February 2023 - 01:11 AM

These two things come immediately to mind:

Garbage needs to be removed from the area at least daily (more if the bin fills up more quickly). 

Bins need to be foot-operated to avoid cross-contamination on employees' hands.

Hi RafifUtamaPutra, 

Similar to above, you need sanitary garbage bins with covers and preferably foot operation. The bins need to be on a sanitation schedule for daily emptying. The area itself should be free from garbage and debris, instead all debris should be placed into the garbage bins. Garbage should be placed in bins immediately upon generation, rather than littered on the floor until a sanitation worker picks it up.

Across all food safety standards, you will likely see that they ask that garbage be disposed of in adequate disposal bins in such a way that does not pose significant risk of contaminating food. This could be understood to mean that garbage bins themselves must be of sanitary design, in working condition, and emptied regularly.

Hi SHQuality and Brothbro,

Thank you for your answer and explanation, I also thought the same thing as you mentioned

So, as long as we can control this garbage so that it doesn't become a contamination source, and I think its OK.

I guess I'm worrying too much about this hahaha...

Thanks,

Best regard

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users