• 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 February 2023 - 01:47 PM

Hello,

Good day

I'm Suresh from India; does anyone have a supplier HACCP in accordance with BRC Issue 9?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 February 2023 - 06:04 AM

Posted in Packaging Forum ???

Which BRC Clause ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 07 February 2023 - 06:44 AM

Issue 9 is food so likely should be moved to food manufacturing.

I presume it is 3.5.1 Management of suppliers of raw materials and packaging you are asking about Suresh?

Kind regards,

Tony

suresh5192

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 February 2023 - 10:45 AM

Hi sir, 

Thanks for your prompt response . iam Asking 3.5.1 clause 

suresh5192

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 February 2023 - 10:47 AM

Posted in Packaging Forum ???

Which BRC Clause ?

suresh5192

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 February 2023 - 11:31 AM

Issue 9 is food so likely should be moved to food manufacturing.

I presume it is 3.5.1 Management of suppliers of raw materials and packaging you are asking about Suresh?

Kind regards,

Tony

Sir, yes. If you have any additional information, please provide it. My question is whether I can include it in my HACCP manual.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 08 February 2023 - 05:23 AM

Sir, yes. If you have any additional information, please provide it. My question is whether I can include it in my HACCP manual.

Hi suresh5192,

Yes, it can be included in your HACCP Manual and the controls in your HACCP/Food Safety Plans. See below regarding guidance from BRCGS.

BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9 guidance for 3.5.1.1 Raw material risk assessment:

The aim of this clause is to ensure the potential risks to product safety, authenticity, legality and quality that could result from specific raw materials, have been identified, and where necessary mitigation measures put in place, for example, by adding controls into:

• supplier approval and purchasing processes

• goods receipt controls and product testing

the food safety plan (HACCP) or specific parts of the food safety and quality management systems.

All proposed ingredients and packaging must be subjected to a documented assessment of their inherent risk….......

Similarly, this may form part of the HACCP or food safety plan; however, as this is an important starting point for the production of safe food, it needs to be detailed and will be specifically assessed by the auditor.

Kind regards,

Tony

suresh5192

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 09 February 2023 - 02:52 PM

Hi suresh5192,

Yes, it can be included in your HACCP Manual and the controls in your HACCP/Food Safety Plans. See below regarding guidance from BRCGS.

BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9 guidance for 3.5.1.1 Raw material risk assessment:

The aim of this clause is to ensure the potential risks to product safety, authenticity, legality and quality that could result from specific raw materials, have been identified, and where necessary mitigation measures put in place, for example, by adding controls into:

• supplier approval and purchasing processes

• goods receipt controls and product testing

the food safety plan (HACCP) or specific parts of the food safety and quality management systems.

All proposed ingredients and packaging must be subjected to a documented assessment of their inherent risk….......

Similarly, this may form part of the HACCP or food safety plan; however, as this is an important starting point for the production of safe food, it needs to be detailed and will be specifically assessed by the auditor.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi sir,

Thanks for your clarification. if you have any reference document please share . Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:26 AM

Hello,

Good day

I'm Suresh from India; does anyone have a supplier HACCP in accordance with BRC Issue 9?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

There is no specific requirement to include "Supplier HACCP" in a response to clause 3.5.1 although the latter may be a related factor.

IMO, the Clause as presented is, other than the mandated content, generic so varying interpretations are inevitable/acceptable.

Can try this post/thread for some thoughts on and around the topic -

https://www.ifsqn.co...al/#entry100194

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users