• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 February 2023 - 02:55 AM

Hi All ,

I am working for company that is producing dietary supplements.
So our clients providing us the packaging. Sometimes the packaging is off when it comes to ingredients.
Do lets say the packaging says CBD vitamins, but the blend that the product is made of don’t have CBD inside .
So the question is : if the client will be informed by us that “hey there is something wrong your packaging- and they ( client) will say sure I approving the packaging- that is being released “ will we as a company can get in trouble?
As they have told us they want to use this packaging regardless?

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 February 2023 - 05:25 AM

Hi nataliaszapiel,

Sounds entirely illegal?  :yikes:

If someone can be prosecuted and jailed for knowingly shipping contaminated products then I’m pretty sure that you and your company can be prosecuted for knowingly packing and shipping fraudulent products.

Raise your concerns with Senior Management immediately. If they don’t do anything, it is time to get out before the sh1t hits the fan!

:eekout:

Kind regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 23 February 2023 - 05:27 AM.

Yoloooo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 February 2023 - 10:14 AM

Thanks , I have one more question- what about if the client ordered the packaging and let’s just say the front pouch is calling for melatonin , cbd but on the back they made a mistake and it’s calling only for melatonin

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,070 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 23 February 2023 - 12:31 PM

Thanks , I have one more question- what about if the client ordered the packaging and let’s just say the front pouch is calling for melatonin , cbd but on the back they made a mistake and it’s calling only for melatonin

Still can't do it.

Read below - it's the warning letters the FDA has sent out to companies. I bet some of the things you mentioned - other companies got in trouble for.

https://www.fda.gov/...warning-letters

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 February 2023 - 07:09 PM

Run run away

You DO NOT want to be involved with this company at all

A) sounds fishy (e.g. illegal)

B) do you really want your professional reputation attached to this

Labelling is legally required to be CORRECT

Given that you are also discussing CBD which is still in a very grey legal zone in most countries, your walking a particularly treacherous path

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 24 February 2023 - 10:37 AM

I completely agree with Scampi:

If you are aware that your customer is not following the rules, you don't want to be complicit by providing them the product and letting them do it.

Make sure you keep the email conversation in which you warned them about the error and raise this issue with management.

If they don't respond appropriately, you may need to report the issue to the authorities yourself.

If management won't act correctly, I wouldn't let your reputation be tainted. You want to work for a different company that follows the rules.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users