Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 May 2023 - 12:40 PM

The constant entering and exiting of food handling areas has an impact on the hands of those working in those areas. Is providing lotion while working in those areas a feasible option. It would have to be an allergen free option but how do other facilities operate with maintaining a SQF compliant production area while still maintaining the integrity of the hands of those working in those areas?

Currently we are using Gojo Pink & Klean Skin Cleanser. Are there any issues with using for example: Gojo Gold and Klean Lotion Soap? I am not necessarily married to the brand as long as the soap I get is readily available and not extremely expensive.

Edited by mehurst1361, 24 May 2023 - 12:48 PM.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:39 PM

Deb makes a pre work lotion that we have on our production floor---never been and issue with CFIA or SQF

Bare in mind-no direct hand contact at our facility 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 358 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 24 May 2023 - 04:11 PM

We allow scentless lotions to be used, as long as gloves go over the hands when handling product. It's never been a problem with FDA or our 3rd party auditors. 

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2023 - 03:01 AM

When I’ve provided moisturisers I’ve always provided them in locker rooms not in production areas and not at hand wash sinks. My rationale is these are meant as after work creams in most cases and by putting them in changing areas I’m giving people the option to use them at every break and the end of the day. Then if they use it before work in error they will wash their hands afterwards anyway as they enter the facility.

Either way, I agree they need to be allergen free. An aside on that I once got burned in an audit by finding a tube of abrasive engineers hand wash containing ground walnut shell of all things. Sheesh.

Lastly I’ve never found the creams supplied are all that good but what does work on dry skin is neutrogena concentrated hand cream.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users