• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do we need to have signs of alerts for our employees about the risk of processing allergens?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

IzahelCamps

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 June 2023 - 02:10 PM

good Morning everyone ..

I have a question regarding the Allergens in our process .. We already have our allergens procedures , we have color code identifications for our allergens we use wheat , some colorants and milk derivatives , i mentioned the colors because during an FDA audit the auditor ask me how we control the we have the use of the correct quantity of colorants .. Well .. my question is if we need to have signs of alerts for our employees about the risk of processing allergens , no matter if we have our ingredients identified as allergens , .. is  still necessary to have like an alert in case of any employee breath the allergens.. we handling "wheat flour "

thank you in advance ..

regards

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 534 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 June 2023 - 02:24 PM

From a personnel safety perspective I would expect people to be informed about the known allergens your facility handles during the hiring process.  Once they're hired that information is probably repeated when you teach them your GMPs related to proper allergen handling.

You would probably document their acknowledgement of receiving this information for your company's legal protection, and to allow you to take punitive action if they fail to comply with your GMPs.

Thanked by 2 Members:

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 14 June 2023 - 02:30 PM

Allergen control program is part of FOOD safety, not H&S. You may give your employees "allergen handling training" as a part of your H&S program.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users