• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is there an existing compendium of manufacturing insignias pertinent to PET and Glass bottles?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

DaveK

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 August 2023 - 02:40 PM

Is there an existing compendium of manufacturing insignias pertinent to PET and Glass bottles? I'm referring to the numerical identifiers, recycling symbols, and frequently encountered manufacturing imprints found on the base of most bottles and containers. My endeavor involves identifying the specific manufacturer responsible for a bottle I intend to procure. I am intrigued to ascertain whether there exists a comprehensive resource that consolidates these manufacturing marks, associating them with their respective manufacturers.

PrplomSolved

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 August 2023 - 08:20 PM

Is there an existing compendium of manufacturing insignias pertinent to PET and Glass bottles? I'm referring to the numerical identifiers, recycling symbols, and frequently encountered manufacturing imprints found on the base of most bottles and containers. My endeavor involves identifying the specific manufacturer responsible for a bottle I intend to procure. I am intrigued to ascertain whether there exists a comprehensive resource that consolidates these manufacturing marks, associating them with their respective manufacturers.

I know the codes are specific to the material the items made of/with but I too would be curious if there are fonts tied with specific businesses, etc.

I'm curious to see what this brings about. 

Austin N.

Principal Laboratory Technician 

AEMTEK Athens

DaveK

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 August 2023 - 08:55 PM

I know the codes are specific to the material the items made of/with but I too would be curious if there are fonts tied with specific businesses, etc.
I'm curious to see what this brings about.

What I was referring to was the icons a lot of these manufacture put on the bottom.  Like the bottle attached, it has all the usual markings except the one circled in red.  This identifies it as a bottle made by AMCOR.  Others have other denotations - some more obvious some not at all.

Attached Files

Edited by DaveK, 21 August 2023 - 08:56 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users