• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 August 2023 - 04:46 AM

Hi all, 

I am working on implementing non food safety and quality standard(something like HACCP) for secondary packaging manufacturer that produce recycle retail/grocery bag which is indirect contact with food. our processes include recycle > extrusion > printing > bag making.

How can i identify the steps as CCP since the bag is not direct contact with food? 

Is the presence of bacteria during recycle process considered as hazard if the next process will eliminate the bacteria (eg: heating)?

Thanks.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 21 August 2023 - 04:04 AM

Hi shiorishira90,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

The presence of bacteria during the recycle process is a hazard and is noted but your HACCP would document that the hazard is removed by the temperature of the process.

Should you consider the bag and ink as food contact as some items may be purchased loose such as fruit? If so then hygiene and chemical migration may be important factors to consider.

Kind regards,

Tony

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 377 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 21 August 2023 - 10:57 AM

Depending on your process there may not be a CCP.  That's pretty common in the plastic packaging industry.  Just something to keep in mind and transitioning from food manufacturing to food contact film, can be hard to swallow that there would be no CCP.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users