• 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 04 September 2023 - 06:51 AM

HI everyone

so I have bachelor degree in food science

2 year and 2 months as quality assurance/ lab technician in small goods product including fermented meat product

4 half month in packaging company

1 and half month as QA officer, defacto QA manager in cheese factory

a certificate from pwc for the quality management Systems lead auditor, which includes
auditing management systems (ISO 19011:2018), leading audit teams (ISO 19011:2018) and auditing quality management system (ISO 9001:2015)

current employment is a casual position as I heard that the more different food product experience will count more

so I can have the flexibility to move to other food products under casual employment

and lastly what do I need to do to land job as external auditor in company specialized in food quality auditor such as BSI, SGS or even with the government?

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 04 September 2023 - 10:40 AM

Greetings bananaOz,

For starters certification bodies would propably require an ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor certificate, if you want to be involved in food safety auditing. Then you gonna have to send out CVs to certification bodies in your area mentioning also your intention of being an external auditor, which also means that you will be called upon whenever there is a need from the certification body and usually after a training and witnessing period.

As for the goverment it is an entirely different matter, as the official food authority in most countries doesn't just hire external auditors. If it is similar as in others then the appointed ministry announces job openings for said authority, you get scored according to your qualifications and if all goes well you get hired for full time. As far as I know there is no medium here.

The other case you could work for as an external auditor would be here: https://www.apac-accreditation.org/ (don't know if New Zealand has its own accreditation body), but it is also very strict in terms of accepting your application and reaching the point of leading a team.

Regards!

bananaOz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 September 2023 - 12:42 AM

Hi Evan X

for the ISO22000 certificate, that I can take training from company like pwc, BSI or SGS correct.

and afterward, otherwise I satisfy most or all requirement to be starting applying for such companies?

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 06 September 2023 - 07:57 AM

Yes, you have most of the needed qualifications to get you started. For the ISO 22000 training you have to find a training body that can provide it and pass the exams for the certificate, like you did for ISO 9001.

Don't get discouraged if you don't have positive replies in the short term. CBs have need of external auditors in times of heavy workload, when the permanent personnel can't cover all clients time-wise, so be patient (since you already have a job also) and a chance will come.

bananaOz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 September 2023 - 11:16 PM

Great

1 last question
I have identified 3 place for getting the certification
PWC, SGS and BSI
PWC course is cheaper, but SGS and BSI are priced the same
Would there be anything different that I should be aware of?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users