• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2023 - 03:17 PM

Dear all, 

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek guidance and information regarding the process of becoming a BRCGS ISSUE 6 Packaging Auditor. I have a keen interest in pursuing a career in this field and would greatly appreciate your insights on the qualifications required and the steps involved in conducting my first audits.

Specifically, I would like to know:

1. What qualifications are necessary to become a BRCGS ISSUE 6 Packaging Auditor?
2. Are there any specific educational or professional prerequisites?
3. What training and certifications are recommended for aspiring auditors in this field?
4. Could you provide guidance on the key competencies and skills that BRCGS looks for in its auditors?

Furthermore, once I have acquired the necessary qualifications, I am interested in understanding the process for conducting my first audits. I would like to know about:

1. The application and registration process to become an accredited auditor for BRCGS ISSUE 6 Packaging.
2. How can I gain practical experience and build my auditing skills?
3. Are there any mentorship or internship opportunities available to assist new auditors in gaining experience?
4. What are the typical challenges that new auditors face and how can these be overcome?

Thank you

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 November 2023 - 03:12 AM

https://www.brcgs.co...-brcgs-auditor/

individual CBs may have other requirements

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 2 Members:

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 10 November 2023 - 05:09 AM

I can't give you proper answers, just give my experiences as an auditee with one BRCGS auditor. Following your question:

1. He wasn't a native English speaker and his language skills weren't good either.

2. He audited with food-process mindset, not packaging; e.g. he didn't know PET plastic was polyester, I had to open a wikipedia page for him.

3. Either chemical engineering or materials science or mechanical fabrications; otherwise your audit session would look like a studying course and contribute minimal improvement for clients. 

4. A part from speciality in packaging manufacture, commucation skill and open mind are important too. Some auditors act like they are a Cristian saint with the bibble questionning the legitimacy of Buddist saviours.

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2023 - 02:35 PM

I work for a packaging company with multiple certified sites and have experienced a wide range of auditors.

I agree with beautiophile that familiarity with the packaging industry would be a HUGE bonus. Most of our sites do not do direct contact packaging and we've had auditors that either don't understand that or just don't care. I've also noticed that auditors who just have auditor training with no real world experience seem to have a harder time understanding what is truly a risk in the real world vs. what is in black and white on the page. The real world is rarely black and white.

We've also had those that have the food perspective instead of packaging. The latest was an auditor who was pushing things that applied in Europe while we are in the US. She tried to state it was clearly listed on the FDA website, when we got back to the conference room I pulled up the exact site on my laptop (because I visit it regularly) and showed her where she was wrong. 

Best of luck to you! There is a real shortage of auditors in the BRC Packaging scheme so I appreciate someone who is not only interested but pursuing input on what is needed to do it right!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auditor, issue 6, packaging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users