• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does a raw concentrate juice supplier from Hawaii need an FDA registration number?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Yoloooo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 24 December 2023 - 08:25 PM

Hi All,
Does anyone knows if the company that I want to transport/ buy Raw concentrate juice from HAwaii needs FDA registration number ? The company that I am in touch currently they are not registered under FDA , but they have USDA that is checking their Raw juice etc

Yoloooo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 December 2023 - 02:15 PM

Hi All,
Does anyone knows if the company that I want to transport/ buy Raw concentrate juice from HAwaii needs FDA registration number ? The company that I am in touch currently they are not registered under FDA , but they have USDA that is checking their Raw juice etc

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 December 2023 - 06:56 PM

It depends.   Raw juice imaybe USDA .   Other products are FDA.  

without knowing all of the info, I believe that they should be registered.   

Category 18 on the fda registration form is: fruit or vegetable juice, pulp, or concentrate products.   

Maybe ask them why they are not FDA registered.  

Edited by kingstudruler1, 26 December 2023 - 07:05 PM.

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Yoloooo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 December 2023 - 07:08 PM

Okay, thank you. I was wondering as Usda takes care of juice, but I was thinking good manufacturing has to be registered under FDA. I did ask them and that was there answer that they are under Usda

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 530 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 December 2023 - 07:35 PM

If their products are regulated exclusively by the USDA they may be exempt from registering with the FDA.  I would be a little surprised if a fruit processor qualified for exemption.

https://www.fda.gov/.../85098/download

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:38 PM

If their products are regulated exclusively by the USDA they may be exempt from registering with the FDA.  I would be a little surprised if a fruit processor qualified for exemption.

https://www.fda.gov/.../85098/download

Looking at that list, I don't see where a juice processor is exempt from the FDA registration.  One of our facilities is a USDA meat processor with inspector on site and they still have an FDA registration.

To the OP:  Is this supplier just a broker that doesn't actually take possession of the juice before shipping to you?  If that's the case, the broker might not have any FDA registrations but their suppliers will, and you'll need to documentation that the suppliers are all compliant with regulations as part of your supplier approval program.  If this supplier is the producer, and isn't willing to go get the free FDA registration we all have, I'd consider a different supplier entirely.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users