• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:54 PM

Hello !

I'm in the middle of updating our controlled docs to 2024. We have kept a running list of changes to each controlled doc for the last 15 years or so. The list of changes per doc is getting a little long. Does anyone know if this it is necessary to keep all changes..... or just the last change and new change with date and revision?

thanks 

Thanked by 1 Member:

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 530 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2024 - 10:24 PM

I usually limit it to the last five changes, and keep retired versions for five years.   None of the auditors or inspectors have suggested they needed to see more.

eta.  There is a separate document for the whole program 'binder' that lists which documents were updated and when, with 5 years of history.

Edited by G M, 17 January 2024 - 10:26 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 January 2024 - 05:25 AM

Hi chrisolson,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums!

Some people manage this by issuing a new document after a certain amount of changes were made (10 at the last site I worked at where this was applied).

I would think as G M has indicated a time limit of 5 years being applied could also be adapted. No one is going to beat you up if you don’t hold records of revisions for longer than that.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users