• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2024 - 03:49 PM

Hello all,

First time post from a first time Quality Control Manager. I am looking for any thoughts on my draft Non-conformance record and on how to format the reference numbers for each.

The site is currently ISO9001 accredited and uses a paper based non-conformance system whereby a printed document for each NC or recommendation is signed and filed which makes continuous improvement recommendations very time-consuming e.g. pest control recommendations. 

I am looking to produce a simple live excel document to track and close out ncs and recommendations in a more practical way with a view to be audit ready and show trending if customer requirements lead us to further accreditations such as BRC. 

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

Edited by genZfoodie, 24 January 2024 - 03:51 PM.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 January 2024 - 05:12 PM

Your log is sensible.  You document the real findings and CAPAs on your paper forms but record a summary of them in the log.  I'd suggest adding a couple category columns with drop downs for trend analysis purposes (the drop downs keep the data cleaner and let you pull statistics rapidly with a pivot table).  I learned a bunch of sharepoint stuff, especially MS Lists, and we log our CAPAs from audit findings and observations on this MS List.  Two questions on the entry form ask them to classify the finding (building maintenance, building sanitation, equipment sanitation, GMP, etc) and also how the finding was made (observation, gmp audit, sanitation audit, etc).  I run trend analysis for 8 different plants off of this list, and at a glance can tell which of my buildings are suffering from GMP issues or general sanitation issues.  Also by using MS Lists, they're web based and allow multiple people to add items at the same time (no issues with the excel file being locked by another user).

Thanked by 1 Member:

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 January 2024 - 06:16 PM

that is similar to what i use at my locations.   i attached a copy of one - 

Most of my facilites do not have an another paper form but only use this live document for tracking everything.    I like Jfreys additions as well.   they are good ideas.  

Attached Files

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

francois12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 26 January 2024 - 01:36 AM

I utilize excel also and added root cause , correction and effectiveness column as well as status since auditors would look at the root cause and also verify the effectiveness of the identified CA/PA's - during audit i use powerbi to create an interactive dashboard- save time in showing trends especially if you have multiple products / areas to monitor.

France

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users