• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

packman156

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:29 PM

3.7.2 Does a supplier approved by a questionnaire have to have a HARA/HACCP program?  In reading the Guidelines, I see nothing that says they have to have it.  They just say the questionnaire has a scope of HARA.  

"or
•• where a valid risk-based justification is provided, a satisfactorily completed supplier
questionnaire may be used for initial approval. The questionnaire shall have a scope that
includes product safety, traceability, HARA review and good manufacturing practices, and
it shall have been reviewed and verified by a demonstrably competent person."

Thanks!

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 27 March 2024 - 03:22 AM

I'm also confused by the clause and BRCGS' intepretation. To avoid silly debates with auditors, my company makes a universal questionnaire which includes such HARA/HACCP item. While sending it out to a supplier needing no HARA/HACCP (like ink producer), we tell them to leave a N/A (not applicable) mark on that part.

Thanked by 1 Member:

MOHAMMED ZAMEERUDDIN

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 276 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• India
    India
  • Interests:Sharing the Knowledge

Posted 27 March 2024 - 06:20 AM

Hi Beutiophile, you took the right decision.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supplier Questionnaire, No HARA Approval, 3.7.2 Supplier approval

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users