- - - - -

freddyfood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

A piece of advice for all those who may be thinking of doing business with the Caribbean Food Emporium and Dawn Grant: I have recently done business with Dawn Grant of the Caribbean Food Emporium and have been waiting for payment from her company for almost a year. She has not paid a penny so far and I suspect never will. Her company already has a county court judgment against it so be warned... For more information see this dot com address on the web caribbeanfoodemporium.freewebspace

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,849 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

A piece of advice for all those who may be thinking of doing business with the Caribbean Food Emporium and Dawn Grant: I have recently done business with Dawn Grant of the Caribbean Food Emporium and have been waiting for payment from her company for almost a year. She has not paid a penny so far and I suspect never will. Her company already has a county court judgment against it so be warned... For more information see this dot com address on the web caribbeanfoodemporium.freewebspace

The website you have created and posting your frustration on here might make you feel slightly better, but it won't help you get paid. If you are in business this will happen to you at some stage, but don't take it so personal. I advise you put your time and enegy into winning new business and next time don't give cedit away so easily. If it's any consolation it happened to me twice; now I have taken precautions to minimise the risk of it happening again, but it still could and proably will, but that's business for ya. :biggrin:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

freddyfood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:02 PM

The website you have created and posting your frustration on here might make you feel slightly better, but it won't help you get paid. If you are in business this will happen to you at some stage, but don't take it so personal. I advise you put your time and enegy into winning new business and next time don't give cedit away so easily. If it's any consolation it happened to me twice; now I have taken precautions to minimise the risk of it happening again, but it still could and proably will, but that's business for ya. :biggrin:

Regards,
Simon

Dear Simon,
We have given up hope of receiving payment from Dawn Grant and the Caribbean Food Emporium; all our website does is (hopefully) warn others from doing business with her. We don't want Dawn Grant or any others like her to get away with not paying again and have since spoken to various other companies in the same position as us, awaiting payment. Of course this happens in business but it shouldn't and we would like to play a part in minimising the chances of this happening to anyone else. Simply by turning a blind eye means we are letting it happen and this is wrong. Bottom line: do not do business with Dawn Grant and the Caribbean Food Emporium.

Thanks for your input Simon.
Fred

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users