Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 April 2003 - 08:06 AM

I watched a magnificent game of football over the weekend Roma V Juventus. It was a thoroughly entertaining match, which Juventus won 2-1 with Del Piero scoring both goals.

It was vintage Italian football with numerous cynical, bone-crunching and often disgracefully dirty tackles, liberally seasoned with skill (not just the tackles). I could not believe that none of the players were sent off and it made a refreshing change from the modern game, which has almost become a non-contact sport.

I was reminded of the 1982 Italian World cup winning side Claudio Gentile et al.

Is that really over twenty years ago?

Simon
:D

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:49 AM

I didn't see the match. As I told You once, Italian Championship is based on this kind of matches.

Juve - Roma has always been a sort of 'special' match, especially in the 80's, You know when Michel Platini and Paulo Roberto Falcao were the two leaders of the teams.

And Juve won many more Championships and competitions with respect to all other italian teams, so other teams are envious.

Unfortunately, this is why Michel Platini decided to stop activity when he was only 30: he didn't enjoy that kind of competition. And Zinedine Zidane also decided to go to Spain, for the same reason.

The Old Warriors spirit is still alive and the match becomes a real battle because Juve is going to play against Barcellona and Roma players and supporters would be happy if Barca beats Juve.

This is why they tried to kick Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero: they were trying not to let them play against Barcellona !

As a matter of fact, Roma had no other interest in the match: Juve has 28 points more than Roma.

Just another example. David Trezeguet had a shoulder dislocation during Juve - Turin and Pavel Nedved was forced out after 10 minutes for a bad kick on his leg in the same match. Juve - Turin was played in the week end before Juve - Barcellona and a public inquiry is going on because it seems that Turin supporters had gone into the hotel and threatened Turin players before the match, in order to behave that way.

Juve has no other players as Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet, so if they are forced out, it will be very bad for our team.

We're very far indeed from quality principles. Franco

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 April 2003 - 02:10 PM

We're very far indeed from quality principles. Franco

According to what I saw they were very far from any principles whatsoever. In saying that there is something kind of admirable about a good old fashioned battle; although obviously I don't advocate the kind of vicious, unprovoked violence that was on show however entertaining it might have been.

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users